The Presidential family harvest their wheat field in Bugarama
The family of the Head of State His Excellency Evariste Ndayishimiye harvested wheat on Tuesday August 18, 2020 in their field at Mpehe hill, Bugarama area of Muramvya commune and province.
The members of the “Valorisation du Sol (VASO)” cooperative, of which he is a founding member, lent him a hand. His Excellency Evariste Ndayishimiye said he was satisfied with the wheat harvest despite the rainfall irregularities during growing season B. It was also a question of noting the preparation extent for the next growing season, he added.
The Head of State announced that he plans the cultivation of maracudja and Japanese plums in his Bugarama field to encourage investors in the processing of local products because a juice processing unit has already been set up at this center. At the same time, he encouraged Burundian and foreign investors to invest in the processing of local products, in order to guarantee the market to producers and the conservation of the harvest.
On the occasion of the wheat harvest in Bugarama, the Head of State urged the Burundian population not to sell the entire harvest but rather to sell the surplus after having satisfied the food needs of their households.
He invited the inhabitants of Bugarama to prepare carefully for the next growing season. Therefore, the President of the Republic His Excellency Evariste Ndayishimiye called on the FOMI fertilizer production to be ready accordingly to make its products available to farmers on time and throughout the country.
The President of the Republic also visited a potato germination shed belonging to the VASO cooperative at Mpehe hill in the Bugarama zone. Members of the VASO cooperative in the Mpehe zone offered a heifer and two sheep to the presidential family as a thanksgiving for the multifaceted support they provide to the cooperative of which the Head of State is a founding member.
More in this article:
- Financial institutions are well set to support Government priorities
- The Prime Minister received in audience the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Belgium in Burundi
- Women called not to discriminate themselves
- Visit of the President of the Senate President to Ruyigi province
- Workshop validation of the Sector Strategy document of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Development Cooperation
- Restitution session on the content of the recommendations of the Government Retreat held from July 21 to 23, 2020
- The fight against Covid-19 takes a satisfactory step forward in Burundi
- Delivery of certificates to the 3rd promotion of company command