Trade on the menu of telephone conversations between the Burundian President and his Kenyan and Tanzanian counterparts
The Senior Advisor in charge of Communication at the Presidency of the Republic of Burundi issued on Monday, January 18, 2021, a press release on the exchanges that the President of the Republic had with his counterparts.
According to this statement, the President of the Republic of Burundi, H.E. Evariste Ndayishimiye spoke on the phone with his counterpart of the Republic of Kenya, H.E. Uhuru Kenyatta. Their exchanges focused on subjects related to cooperation and development, particularly in trade matters. During the telephone dialogue, H.E. Kenyatta informed the President of Burundi that he had expressed interest in visiting Burundi but that his visit was postponed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. They also exchanged greetings for the year 2021.
On January 17, 2021, H.E. Evariste Ndayishimiye received on the phone his counterpart from the United Republic of Tanzania, H.E. Jonh Pombe Magufuli.
Their conversation focused on the bilateral relations which are "naturally" good. The two leaders agreed to work closely together to strengthen peace and security in the region and the development of both countries in all areas, including trade.
(Source: ABP-Infos 12130)
Also in this article:
- Gitega: ruling party holds interfaith prayer of thanksgiving
- The President of the Senate receives in audience the President of the Court of Auditors
- The Government welcomes the contribution of the Catholic Church in the development of the country
- Press conference held by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Development Cooperation, His Excellency Ambassador Albert SHINGIRO, on the achievements of the Ministry for the 2nd term of 2020-2021.
- Athletics: Venuste Niyongabo appointed executive Member of the World Olympians Association